GROUND TURKEY CARCASS BONES (ESTIMATED:50% Bone, 50% Meat, N/A) Considered a safer way to add whole raw bone to balance DIY meals of meat/offal, etc. for dogs that are not good candidates for eating whole raw meaty bones. These are NOT COMPLETE Grinds or Formulas - they are meant to provide the calcium component of your diet and are made using 100% raw meaty bones only. To be mixed at home with meat/offal, as directed. These are a chunkier MEDIUM (not fine) grind and may not be suitable for tiny dogs or cats.
The TURKEYS we use are not pasture-raised (in 2019 our original wild turkey supplier retired and we used the last of his birds this year - we're working on getting more pasture-raised turkeys even though they won't ever compare to our first & original/founding Bill Niman's wonderful wild heritage birds!) but they are:
- Certified Organic & NON-GMO Project Verified
- No gluten, casein, carrageenan, phosphates, MSG, artificial ingredients or preservatives
- No added salt solutions and ice-chilled for quality
- No antibiotics, growth stimulants, or hormones
- 100% Vegetarian Diet, enhanced with vitamins and minerals
- GAP Rated Step 3
- Local family ranch in Sonora, California
- They compost! A lot of operations send their organic waste to landfills, where it can’t help anybody. We turn ours into a valuable, nutrient-dense compost that goes the extra pile by helping to create a healthy, diverse environment for microbiology to thrive no matter where it’s used.
- RECLAIM, REUSE, RESTORE If there’s an M.V.R. (that’s most valuable resource), it’s water. Most farms rely on water that’s been chemically treated and transported by dirty, corroded pipes. By the time it reaches the farm, it needs to be treated again to keep the animals from getting sick from the bacteria it holds. They use fresh well water and clean the barns and pipes regularly with probiotics (not chemicals) to create a healthy microbial environment. What water they do use, they treat using a state-of-the-art membrane water filtration technology, eliminating the need for chemicals. This drastically reduces the amount of fresh groundwater needed, minimizing their impact on the environment.
Considered a safer way to add whole raw bone to balance DIY meals of meat/offal, etc. for dogs that are not good candidates for eating whole raw meaty bones. These are NOT COMPLETE Grinds or Formulas - they are meant to provide the calcium component of your diet and are made using 100% raw meaty bones only. To be mixed at home with meat/offal, as directed. These are a chunkier MEDIUM (not fine) grind and may not be suitable for tiny dogs or cats.
GROUND CHICKEN CARCASS/BACK BONES (ESTIMATED: 44% Bone, 56% Meat, 1.33 g Calcium per 100 grams)
GROUND DUCK CARCASS BONES (ESTIMATED: 80% Bone, 20% Meat, N/A)
GROUND TURKEY CARCASS BONES (ESTIMATED:50% Bone, 50% Meat, N/A)
GROUND WHITEFISH BONES/FRAMES (ESTIMATED:15-20% Bone, 75-80% Meat, N/A)
GROUND WILD SALMON TRIM/HEAD & BONES (ESTIMATED:20% Bone, 80% Meat, N/A)
NOTE: Product change (2020) no longer available unless by special order only:
GROUND TURKEY SKNLS NECK BONES (ESTIMATED:45% Bone, 55% Meat, 1.84 g Calcium per 100 grams)
FEEDING: Intended for supplemental or occasional feeding only. Feed up to 50% of the diet.
HOW TO DETERMINE THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF GROUND BONES TO INCLUDE IN THE DIET: On average, most dogs do best with this ingredient added at a ratio of about 25-30% of a SFRAW GRIND/FORMULA Menu. However, just how much you add of the ground bone will be determined by the other ingredients and foods that you are feeding as part of the overall diet. We recommend regularly inspecting your dog's stool quality to determine the proper balance of ca:ph in the diet, and to help you determine how much ground raw meaty bone you need to add to the diet for your individual dog. Increase from a bare minimum of 10% up to 50%; the more bone grind you add, the firmer the stool should become.
Every body metabolizes nutrients and foods differently, so the amount you need to add of raw ground bone (which is a natural whole food product with variability, and is not standardized) in the diet will be determined on an individual basis. If you have questions about how to balance your animals' food, please, never hesitate to ask us for guidance! We are here to support you and ensure that you are feeding your dogs and cats correctly and as safely as possible when preparing their meals at home.
HANDLING: KEEP FROZEN UNTIL USE. Defrost under 40 degrees (do not use oven or microwave); feed or refreeze within 2 days.
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION: PROCESSED WITH LOVE & CARE BY SFRAW, IN OUR VERY OWN CDFA STATE LICENSED & INSPECTED FACILITY (ESTABLISHMENT NO. A-281)