FRESH BULK PROGRAM
POSTED: DECEMBER 7TH, 2020 (updated JULY 2021)
KINDLY PARTICIPATE WITH IMMEDIATE COMPLIANCE TO THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS
We love providing our members/your animals our excellent products when they are at their FRESHEST and BULK is a way to reduce waste and save on resources/packaging.
SFRAW Members can enjoy these products with an additional 10% off!
Our FRESH BULK products are being made available to you with certain restrictions and requirements.
HOW IT WORKS:
1) To purchase FRESH BULK products, members should first contact us 415-225-0589 during our regular business hours to see what's available at that moment. If you need a certain flavor, it’s a good idea to contact us to see what we have "ready to go" before you drop by to shop in-store!
- NO PRE-ORDERING, HOLDS OR STORING IS ALLOWED.
- AVAILABILITY OF PRODUCT FLAVORS, ETC. IS LIMITED TO QUANTITIES/FLAVORS ALREADY MADE & "READY TO GO" AT THE TIME WHEN YOU COME IN.
2) If you bring your own containers (BYOC) to pack into yourself (U-PACK), they must be suitable for bulk packaging (not lots of little containers/bags) and clean/sanitary.
3) Please weigh each container at the REGISTER SCALE before use and mark/write down the container weights on the containers. You must use the scales located at our registers – we cannot honor weights determined by other scales.
4) Ask for help identifying which product is available for BULK purchasing. The BULK/FRESH BYOC/UPACK product can usually be found inside the walk-in cooler (sliding door on the right) in stainless steel trays/bins with lids.
- Gloves are on the table to the right before entering the walk-in.
- Please DO NOT remove spoons from each bin.
- DO make every effort to not cross contaminate between flavors.
That’s it! Go home to feed and portion out, as needed, for your lucky carnivore. Feed or freeze within 2-days.
1) You *must* both purchase and pickup/come in on the same day before we close or within 4-hours (whatever is sooner).
2) For CURBSIDE or same day TAKE-AWAY pickups, product not picked up within 4-hours is put back into inventory immediately. Right now we don’t charge a restocking fee.
3) Pay when you pick-up.
4) Limited to products available and ready to go when you shop (virtually or in person).
5) BULK/FRESH is NOT available for pre-ordering, reservation or holds (only for same day shopping with pickup within 4-hours – see above)
6) These products are NOT available for pre-ordering or by advance request. If you want to order products to be made for you for a future pickup day/time, please order in advance before the Monday at 9am cut-off to pickup after 5pm on Friday. Advance ordered/reserved products are provided frozen in the packaging/sizes that we currently offer only. Every effort will be made to fill your order as requested.
SPECIAL REQUESTS: We strive to provide our foods just how you want/need and like them! If you would like ANYTHING that we make/sell to be portioned out differently than our usual offerings, we are happy to accommodate ANY and ALL custom or special requests (see below for associated fees).
- For each order with custom requests, there is a $25 custom order fee + $1/lb fee for custom grinding (into your bulk container) or $2/lb custom grind plus custom wrap/pack fee. We can put anything into any sized container, vacuum seal, flat pack, or portion into whatever specific put-up that you need. We can add supplements or other ingredients that we sell at SFRAW, etc. we’ll do whatever you need within our ability to do so – just ask!
Requirements associated with this program are not only ours, but required by what is allowable with current restrictions in place.
- We prepare fresh products every week - usually on weekday M-F & sometimes on weekends Sat/Sun.
- All of our product is “made fresh to order”.
- Pre-orders are always given first priority; orders are filled in the order in which they are received.
- We sell our packaging supplies by the each and by the sleeve, too! If you need something to pack into at home, just ask.
FOLLOW "ON THE MENU @SFRAW" for WEEKLY PRODUCTION REPORTS: We make every effort to post On The Menu @SFRAW to our Instagram IGTV and Facebook page every week so you can get a heads up on what we *plan & hope* to make and on which days. However, what gets made and when, is ultimately determined by what arrives that week/day from our suppliers with regards to ingredients we use. The daily schedule has always been highly variable and will alter our production schedule week by week, but this year, that is true more than ever before. Please be patient because you can expect possible delays and adjustments.
HISTORY: Starting in March 2020, new restrictions were made to our existing BULK/FRESH BYOC U-PACK program. Since March, we have made further adjustments to the program, which were determined by what is/is not allowable. During a recent routine state inspection of our facility, all of our protocols and procedures were reviewed by a new inspector. All things considered, in order to continue to offer this popular program, we are asking members to please help us do so by following these updated requirements. Thank you!