CHICKEN FORMULA INGREDIENTS: 100% USDA Whole Raw Chickens including all meat, bone, skin, fat; chicken heart, chicken liver, chicken gizzards, chicken necks & chicken feet; PASTURE-RAISED CHICKEN EGG YOLKS; SFRAW VITALITY BLEND.
SFRAW VITALITY BLEND INGREDIENTS: Certified Organic Leafy Greens & Baby Lettuces, Celery, Fennel, Dandelion/Sunflower or Broccoli Sprouts and an abundance of other LOCAL Produce such as Chicory, Cabbages, Brassicas like Broccoli and Cauliflower (100% low-glycemic) + Fresh Organic Herbs and Organic Garlic or Ginger; Organic Whole Food Supplements: Pastured Raw Goat Milk, Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, Raw Carob, Kelp, Dulse, Raw Soaked/Sprouted Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds, Seasonal Herb Blend, Superfruit Blend provides Natural Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids; unrefined, organic, fair-trade/animal-friendly Red Palm Oil provides a food source of over ten different forms of carotenes, including alpha-carotene and beta-carotene (vitamin A) and additional antioxidants, such as tocopherols and tocotrienols (vitamin E), and CoEnzyme Q10.
HANDLING: KEEP FROZEN BEFORE USE. Do not microwave. Defrost at under 40 degrees; feed or refreeze within 2 days.
FEEDING: Intended for supplemental or intermittent feeding. Serve raw. Feed 2% of your pet’s ideal body weight per day or amount required to maintain ideal body composition. We strongly suggest rotating between min. four (4) different SFRAW flavors. OPTIONAL: add up to 25% fully consumable raw meaty bones.
Nutritious Meals - simply defrost & serve with love!
"These nutritious diets are based on my very own recipe/diet plan that I've developed and fed for over two decades to my own dogs. I feel really good bringing this wholesome, exceptionally nutrient dense food to market. These formulas are balanced to be nutritionally sound to feed 'as is' long-term, in rotation between flavors, and along with other wholesome foods for variety." -Kasie Maxwell, SFRAW Founder
Formulas are SFRAW’s Grinds as their base PLUS extra superfoods. They are made of:
• 90-95% Local, truly pastured, certified organic and/or hormone/antibiotic-free & range-free USDA inspected WHOLE animals (chicken, duck, turkey, rabbits, quail) or 80/10/10 meat/bones/organs (beef, lamb, pork, goat) + seafood (Pacific Oysters, Cod Livers or Wild Salmon) .
Flavor Notes: Lamb includes Raw Lamb Green Tripe. Goat includes Raw Goat Green Tripe. Venison includes Raw Venison Green Tripe, unique Venison Offal and Furry Legs with Hooves. Quail includes Quail Eggs. Rabbit includes Rabbit Heads (furry with ears, brains, eyes - everything) and Rabbit Blood. Rabbit Formula is seafood-free, made with Duck Egg Yolks & Duck Fat. Duck Formula is seafood-free, made with Duck Egg Yolks. Chicken Formula is seafood-free, made with Chicken Egg Yolks.
• 2.5-5% SFRAW Certified organic, locally grown low-glycemic green veggies, broccoli and sunflower sprouts & truly pastured raw goat milk
• 2.5-5% Certified organic whole food supplements (Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, Raw Carob, Kelp, Dulse, Spirulina, Sprouted Raw Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds, Seasonal Herbs, Superfruit Blend provides Natural Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids; unrefined, organic, fair-trade/animal-friendly Red Palm Oil provides a food source of over ten different forms of carotenes, including alpha-carotene and beta-carotene (vitamin A) and additional antioxidants, such as tocopherols and tocotrienols (vitamin E), and CoEnzyme Q10)
Available in 8 oz, 16 oz, 32 oz, and 64 oz sized compostable, plastic-free containers. Buy 20-lbs of any one flavor to get 10% case discount.
FEEDING: Balanced meal for dogs and cats. Feed 2% of your pet’s ideal body weight per day.
HANDLING: KEEP FROZEN UNTIL USE. Defrost under 40 degrees (do not use oven or microwave); feed or refreeze within 2 days.
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION: PROCESSED WITH LOVE & CARE BY SFRAW, IN OUR VERY OWN CDFA STATE LICENSED & INSPECTED FACILITY (ESTABLISHMENT NO. A-281)
We're thrilled to be using WILD HERITAGE "Next Level" CHICKENS in our SFRAW Chicken Grind & Chicken Formula
"WILD" FORAGING CHICKENS: HUMANE CERTIFIED, CERTIFIED NON-GMO, ANIMAL WELFARE CERTIFIED (LEVEL 4), ASPCA "SHOP WITH YOUR HEART" CERTIFIED, CERTIFIED ANTIBIOTIC FREE BY FOOD ID
Truly wild foraging Heirloom chickens raised on open pasture as soon as they're old enough in the "pasture belt" region of the US - these are truly exceptional birds!
- Higher in antioxidants & omega 3’s
- Higher in vitamins; including vitamin A
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Insanely delicious
- Decades of breeding & husbandry to develop our special heirloom breed
- Global Animal Partnership Step 4 certified company, which is the animal welfare certification recognized by the ASPCA® Shop With Your Heart program.
- Unlimited outdoor access on 800-acre farm in Northwest Arkansas (the poultry "pasture-belt" region of America)
- Certified Humane
- Non-GMO Project Verified feed
- They are proud to announce their meat has been tested by new business FoodID, co-founded by Bill Niman. FoodID tests for the presence of antibiotics and other adulterants in the comprehensive and rigorous process. Cooks Venture is now the only company that can independently validate that it never uses antibiotics and provides verified Non-GMO feed to its birds. You can view their test results here.
Our chickens are pasture-raised, heirloom, slow growth birds that enjoy a lifetime of unrestricted access to a biodiverse environment - our wooded, 800 acre farm - every day, all day, weather permitting. Our heirloom chickens are bred to thrive outdoors. It’s in their DNA. Slow-growth raises the nutritional value of the meat - you’ll find higher levels of Omega 3s and vitamin A, lower levels of cholesterol and saturated fats, and higher levels of antioxidants and iron. GAP 4 certified The Global Animal Partnership (GAP) certification program is the leader in animal welfare labeling standards. The GAP Certified program uses a tiered labeling strategy (Steps 1-5) to signal to consumers how the animals were raised. The higher the step number, the more the animal’s environment mimics a natural environment. Cooks Venture is certified Step 4 which requires the following:
- birds to be raised on pasture 100% of the time starting at the age of four weeks
- the pasture to be maintained
- use of a breed that is bred to live outdoors
- shade and enrichments to be made available.
Our heirloom chickens are robust, active and healthy—resulting in a slow-growing bird with higher bone density—meaning we have no need for antibiotics or added hormones. To ensure food safety, the USDA requires poultry to be cooled to a certain temperature. Most processors cool chickens in vats of ice cold water, where they also absorb water. This dilutes the quality of their flesh and flavor, as well as increases the risk of cross-contamination. In addition, the buyer ends up paying for the added water—an increase of anywhere from 2-12% (average 8%) of the final selling weight. Air chilled chickens pass through several chambers of cold, purified air. While this method takes longer, positive results are gaining attention and popularity with buyers in the USA. There’s no added moisture, a retention of natural juices, and a tender, more flavorful meat.
Nutrient content of natural foods vary, sometimes significantly. Use the nutrient content numbers as approximations only.
PER 100 GRAMS
|Sugars (limited data)||0.36%||1.21%|
|Starch (limited data)||0.07%||0.24%|
|total kcal in recipe||152.61|
|kcal / oz||43.26|
|kcal per pound||692.23|
|keto ratio (g fat/ (g protein + g net carb))||0.78|
|Ca: Phos||ratio||1.38 : 1|