San Francisco Raw Feeders Agreement: Disclaimers, Terms and Privacy
Consult with your Veterinarian: Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) recommends that you consult your veterinary professional before starting your pet on a commercially prepared, home-prepared cooked or raw diet, especially if you have a special needs companion animal.
Safe Food Handling: Our products are USDA (state or federally) inspected products. Most, but not all, will include safe food handling instructions on their packaging. The use of these products outside these guidelines established by federal and state standards is the sole and separate responsibility of the member. Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) accepts no liability or responsibility for these uses.
You agree to all of the participation (ordering and pick-up) requirements and guidelines listed on our website(s) and in Yahoo Groups messages. You understand that placing and retrieving your order(s) within these stated requirements and guidelines is your responsibility.
Hosted Pick-ups (outside San Francisco): For those picking up orders anywhere besides the SFRAW Warehouse located in San Francisco, all members must pick-up their order(s) at the specified pick-up location(s), on the pick-up date(s), and during specific pick-up hours listed. If you fail to retrieve your order at this specific time/date/location, you agree to forfeit your order in full without reimbursement or a refund. ____
Any shortages, weights changes, and/or discrepancies are to be noted on your individual invoice and must be declared before you leave the pickup site. In addition, it is your responsibility to review your order and products before you leave the pick-up site for accuracy, to ensure correct notations for refunds and/or all +/- 12% weight changes are marked on your invoice, and that you do not take other people’s products.
All activities associated with the group, including pick-ups and ordering, are done at your own risk. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) and its respective members, service providers, and suppliers from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of any product or service. _____
All sales are final. With the exception of the line of SFRAW Brand Grinds, Formulas, Treats, and Apothecary products, all perishable (fresh or frozen) food products are non-returnable. The buyer assumes all risks associated with the use of these goods, whether used alone or in combination with other products. It is expressly understood that we are not responsible and will not be held liable for damages and/or injury caused by the use of any of these products, and that our liability ceases with the purchase in store and/or prudent delivery of these products to the pick-up location. ____
The Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) website, email list, and group are intended to be a source of information and supplies for people who have chosen to feed fresh foods to their companion animals. The website and discussion list/forum may provide information on nutrition and other pet issues that are the not evaluated by the FDA, AAFCO, are the sole opinion of the author, and are not official statements of Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders).
Information provided by the Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) website, email list, and group members are to be used for educational purposes and to help you make your own decisions regarding your animals' health. We hope that you will find the information helpful.
In compliance with FDA regulations: These statements have not been evaluated the FDA. Products sold through this website are not intended to diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure or prevent any disease.
Commercial use: As a condition of your use of membership, sfraw.com and any linked pages including the SFRAW forum/newsletter and/or Yahoo Groups site, you warrant and represent that you will not use the website or purchases made through SFRAW for any commercial purposes or for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms.
Solicitations and Fund-raising: Furthermore, you specifically agree not to use this website to solicit the members on this website for any commercial and/or fund raising purpose. Sending commercial email information and/or solicitations, sending commercial information and/or solicitations is strictly prohibited, and a violation of the terms and conditions of the use of this website.
In addition, you agree not to use the website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the website or interfere with another person's use and enjoyment of the website. Such violation may result in civil and/or criminal penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Privacy Statement: Protecting your privacy is important to Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw
Feeders) and we will keep your personal information confidential.
Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders), as an online resource, transacts with its members electronically. When you sign up for any Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) service or product, you consent to receive electronically from Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) notices, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications, or other records.
You agree that Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) can send you electronic notices in the following ways:
(1) via the SFRAW Yahoo Groups site, Newsletter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Forum accounts, or
(2) directly to the email address(es) that you provided to Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders).
The delivery of any notice from Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) is effective when sent, regardless of whether you read the communication when you receive it or whether you actually receive the delivery. Your only method of withdrawing consent to receive notices electronically is to terminate your membership or to have your membership terminated by Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders).
We collect and store your personal information you provide in a database for our use only. We reserve the right to disclose your information to our volunteers and site hosts to expedite distribution of your orders.
We make every effort to preserve your privacy; however, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is required to comply with a current judicial proceeding, criminal investigation, court order, or legal process served on Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders). We may also share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders)'s assurances, or as otherwise required by law.
San Francisco Raw Feeders Release of Liability and Site Rules
Release of Liability:
I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Rara Avis | SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) and its respective members, service providers, and suppliers from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of my use of any product or service. ____
I understand and agree that my work and/or presence on any site, including, but not limited to any business, residence, cold storage facility, supplier, or processor, and the site where I pick up my order, are at my risk and my risk alone. ____
Animals and young children must be accompanied by an adult and kept under control at all times.
Site Rules: Some pickup locations have site-specific rules. You promise to follow all site-specific rules and regulations as posted. Universally, for every pick-up location, we expect members to:
1) LEAVE NO TRACE: Never, ever leave a mess for other people to clean-up! Take ALL your boxes, straps, tape, paperwork and packaging included with your order with you. If a box has leaked, it is your responsibility to clean this mess up. Obviously, if your dog eliminates upon exiting your vehicle, you must be responsible and clean-up after your pet. Do not allow your dog to urinate on plants or landscaping while picking-up your order. ______
2) COURTESY AND RESPECT: We require all members to always remain courteous of our hosts. They are volunteering their home/property, vehicle, energy, and time for the benefit of the SFRAW community, and for your convenience. Please abide by their requests as for where to place orders, where to park, etc. Be respectful of their property, animals, and neighbors at all times. Hosts have their own animal residents (both domestic, wild and farm animals) and not all of them appreciate visiting dogs. Please do not bring your dog on to their property unless you are encouraged and invited to do so by the host specifically. _____
3) DOGS: Please do not allow dogs to misbehave when visiting your pick-up host’s property (for example, chase animals or bark loudly while in the car). Understand, too, that some locations can get very hot; people may be concerned for your dog’s wellbeing when they request that you not leave your dog in a hot vehicle (non-temperature controlled). Sometimes, it is best to leave our canine companions at home when you go to pick-up your order. _____
San Francisco Raw Feeders Member Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct: All SFRAW (San Francisco Raw Feeders) members must agree to and follow the below member requirements:
1) BE RESPECTFUL & KIND: We have a diverse community of people and animals involved with SFRAW. Our diversity is what makes SFRAW special; our founder truly cherishes this aspect of the community. Please be kind and respectful with your communications, dealings, and interactions with other members that may be doing things differently than you (rescue, breed, feed cooked/prey model, etc.) Remember that we are united by our shared goal for providing the best possible health and care for our animal family members. We each take different paths and methods to achieve this goal. SFRAW members truly and genuinely love and honor their animals - no matter their background, lifestyle, choices for health and husbandry - they would not be involved with SFRAW if they did not.
2) PICK-UP (ON-TIME): All members picking up orders outside the SFRAW warehouse in San Francisco must pick-up their order(s) at the specified pick-up location(s), on the pick-up date(s), and during specific pick-up hours listed. If you fail to retrieve your order at this specific time/date/location, you agree to forfeit your order in full without reimbursement or a refund.
3) STAY CURRENT: Pay any money requests sent to you via PayPal, or outstanding balances within 60 days. Read emails! Keep current with notices and announcements made through the newsletter, Forum/Yahoo Groups list. For group-wide changes or actions, we do not contact members individually. Important communication is made electronically to the whole group, so be sure you read these messages regularly.
4) SUPPORT OUR MISSION: SFRAW has worked to maintain an unwavering dedication to the following founding mission and guiding principles. We expect our members to do their best to support these goals and principles:
Non-Compliance and Membership Suspension/Cancellation:
Members that fail to adhere to the above terms and agreements may have their membership suspended indefinitely/cancelled. Members that do not pay outstanding balances within 60 days will have their membership suspended until the balance is paid in full.
Signed __________________________________________ Date _________________________
Print Name ______________________________________